I facilitate a cross-organizational, young professionals group made up of rising stars in their industries. This is an amazing group, but what I applaud them most for is taking the time out of their busy schedules to be part of professional development initiative. Time is precious, but if you want to advance your career it requires a time investment.
This is just one of the challenges laid out for you in the Young Professional’s Guide to Moving Up. In a nutshell, this guide is developed for those interested in leveraging their career. You don’t need to be “young” or even seeking to advance up the career ladder to make the Young Professional’s Guide to Moving Up work for you. But if you want to be happier and more stimulated by your work, start by answering the following questions honestly:
- What do you need to invest more of your time into?
- What do you need to start saying “no” to?
- What is holding you back from doing what you love?
- How can you move past this “obstacle?”
- How can you make a meaningful contribution?
- How can you get others to recognize you for your contributions?
- Is your career portfolio polished and ready to share?
- What is your brand?
- Are you ready to start building your dream career today?
If you were challenged or even frightened a little about any one of these queries then give me a call and let’s formulate a plan building on the Young Professional’s Guide to Moving Up. Today is the perfect time to start building the career of your dreams. Sure, it’s a little scary to make change happen, but Eleanor Roosevelt said that we should do something every day that scares us. I love that idea because it forces us to become better versions of ourselves. But just remember, with a coach by your side, your fears will diminish and your opportunities will continue grow. I see it every day!